Saturday 18 February 2023

A Brief Update

I’m on my own again, readers. Jalaa and I parted company, quite amicably, and she has now left the Sol system.

It doesn’t surprise me any more, though it was a shock at first. With hindsight, I can say that she hadn’t quite been the same person since she had returned. I can only speculate on whether this is down to spending time undergoing strange phenomena, or whether it’s because she’s not a perfect copy of the original. I haven’t even mentioned that second possibility until now, as I didn’t want to upset her, but it’s not out of the question. Connectome restoration is a tricky business at the best of times, and this one took place in bizarre circumstances.

We did have a nice week at Mike’s place, exploring the coastline, watching the farming, and generally chilling out. But now that Jalaa has gone, I feel it’s time I took up residence once more in the mountain. I have some interesting projects I’d like to work on, involving multiple time dimensions and how they might be used to improve agricultural yield. My desire to travel seems to have abated for some reason. I’m sure it will be back one day.

I’ll keep this one short, but I’ve no doubt I’ll find reason enough to become verbose again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment