Tuesday 14 June 2011

Back to Poisson


   OK, I have some wheels again! Four of them, in fact. I got them from the scrapyard and they're a good start. Tonight I will use reverse-engineering to reconstruct the original car and with any luck it will be one I like to drive. Who knows, it might even have a sun roof. I rather enjoy driving, though I have to admit that the roads can be gracely airvercrided these days. It was more fun in the 1920s. The 2070s run a close second actually, with their guided skyways - ever the aesthete, I like to visit now and then, and skim the edge of the Grand Canyon or zip over Everest.

   Things have moved on a little since I went away. There was quite a lot of junk mail on my doormat, and it took longer than usual to send it all back with the wrong forms in each envelope. This time I included a ten pound note in one of them, for no reason at all. With any luck they'll go crazy trying to work out why. Maybe they're even legally obliged to return it, which will be fun because I'll be able to see how long I can make it impossible for them to do so. Ha!

   I also ran into my landlord this morning, and he commented on the beard, which I had not shaved off at that point, and then asked me whether I'd been away. I told him I'd been to stay with family because of a crisis: the truth seemed like a bad idea at this point. He then flapped his large ears a couple of times and flew into a pine tree, where he sat on a weeping branch at the mid-point, cooing in sympathetic tones. He has always been "unusual", and this was normal by his standards. I walked away, confident that he would fly down again once I had gone. Later, his wife told me that upon his return he related to her in excited tones his discovery of a small door in the side of the tree, which he could not open. I made a note of it: perhaps the investigation of this unexpected find will make a nice little weekend project for me soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment