Tuesday 27 March 2018

Cat and Mouse: Friday

In some ways, things have been a little dull since my last entry. Having watched Maria T’s life signals for an hour and found that they were not moving, I concluded that she was resting, and probably as confused as a politician. That was good because it implied that she hadn’t been conscientious about making backups. Take a lesson from this, humans! Always back up your data. This copy of her was from a few days ago, and I think it must have been made before she kidnapped me. I had to assume that eventually she’d get around to reading her own blog entry and would pick up the trail from there, but her confusion gave me some extra time to act, and I used it.

I drove through the night and made it back to Calais, where I dropped the car and caught a train home. For the past three hours I’ve been gathering all the equipment I’ll need. Finding a mind pod in deep space is not easy if it isn’t broadcasting data. They tend to be almost invisible to radar, and rather small. I’ll have to use guesswork as well as technology. I’m planning to set off later tonight. No time to sleep, when Maria T could be laying her next plot against me! I’ve pinpointed her position, and it’s an office block in Hamburg. I suspect she rents it as a business facade to conceal her activities. She probably already knows that I’m going after her pod, so I’ll have to use extreme caution.

By this time tomorrow, it should all be over… one way or another.